INDUSTRIAL CYBERSECURITY: Efficiently secure critical infrastructure systems
With industries expanding, cyber attacks have increased significantly. Understanding your control system’s vulnerabilities and learning techniques to defend critical infrastructure systems from cyber threats is increasingly important. With the help of real-world use cases, this book will teach you the methodologies and security measures necessary to protect critical infrastructure systems and will get you up to speed with identifying unique challenges.Industrial cybersecurity begins by introducing Industrial Control System (ICS) technology, including ICS architectures, communication media, and protocols. This is followed by a presentation on ICS (in) security. After presenting an ICS-related attack scenario, securing of the ICS is discussed, including topics such as network segmentation, defense-in-depth strategies, and protective solutions. Along with practical examples for protecting industrial control systems, this book details security assessments, risk management, and security program development. It also covers essential cybersecurity aspects, such as threat detection and access management. Topics related to endpoint hardening such as monitoring, updating, and anti-malware implementations are also discussed.
- Understand industrial cybersecurity, its control systems and operations
- Design security-oriented architectures, network segmentation, and security support services
- Configure event monitoring systems, anti-malware applications, and endpoint security
- Gain knowledge of ICS risks, threat detection, and access management
- Learn about patch management and life cycle management
- Secure your industrial control systems from design through retirement